The Senior Financial Analyst conducts work directly related to management or general business operations in an organization or functional area. This position performs complex financial procedures, prepares financial plans, and reports on a periodic or ad hoc basis, requiring an understanding of the
business environment, computer systems, and the operations of the area being supported.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform and apply financial analysis techniques including but not limited to variance analysis, statistical analysis, scenario analysis, financial and cash flow modeling, etc., to the operations of the area being supported, and decisions as requested by management
• Develop, establish, and continuously improve financial procedures and reporting for the operations of the area being supported
• Analyze and document complex work processes and promote improvement (quality and efficiency) through root cause analysis and process improvement justification
• Provide functional guidance regularly to technicians and less experienced team members
• Respond to questions regarding finance and accounting issues by possessing an advanced understanding of finance and accounting activities and the transactions that form the basis of financial results
• Prepare and present financial information in appropriate format to departmental management
• Complete monthly financial analysis including accruals, cost incurred, general ledger accounts, and explanation of financial statements to outside users
• Work closely with Project Controls and Department of Energy (DOE) on reporting and funds management
• Support the Accounting Manager with ail audits (internal, partner, external, and client)
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and standards
Educational requirements :Bachelors in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
Job Order Costing work environment with substantial experience in project set-up, cost and budget analysis, and financial statement preparation and analysis
5 years of DOE FAR/CAS/DEAR experience
15 years of experience in progressively responsible positions working in Accounting/Finance, with substantial interface to Project Operations, and understanding of inter-disciplinary work-processes in an ERP system
Ability to step out of Sr. Financial Analyst role to perform managerial tasks during management absences
Special Projects as assigned
Lead Company response to External Audits, Client Audits, and Internal Audits
Works in an office environment
Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person "buddy system"), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with a disability.