Position Overview — Roles
Under limited supervision, performs Contractor Performance Assurance Program support for the Contractor Assurance System (CAS) team. Typical job duties are routine and require use of standard techniques and procedures.
• Effectively execute the External Reporting, PAAA, WSH, and Enforcement Coordinator functions and serve as the FRNP SME in this subject area.
• Perform external reporting (ORPS and NTS).
• Coordinate PPPO FR or Office of Enforcement document and interview requests, correspondence distribution and response tracking, comment consolidation, and transmittals.
• Serve as liaison between FRNP and DOE/Office of Enforcement with extensive client coordination.
• Support Plant Shift Superintendents and Senior Management in reportability determinations.
• Develop and present to Senior Management recommendations regarding External Reporting,PAAA, WSH, and Enforcement related matters.
• Develop and track externally reported corrective action plans.
• Develop performance metrics and support trending analysis.
• Perform corrective action verifications on behalf of Quality/Contractor Performance Assurance.
• Conduct and support self-assessments, management assessments, and independent assessments.
• Conduct and support event investigations, fact findings, and causal analyses.
• Conduct and support corrective action effectiveness reviews.
• Submit External Reporting, PAAA, WSH, and Enforcement related records to Records Management.
• Administer the Standards and Requirements processes including assisting Functional Area Managers (FAMs) in the identification of subject matter areas, periodically review the FRNP contract modifications, and update and maintain the FAM/SME matrix and serve as the FRNP SME in this subject area.
• Perform duties according to established work protocols.
• Develop and facilitate classroom training modules in subjects within the responsibilities and authorities listed and maintain certified instruction qualifications.
• Provide leadership, motivation, and instruction for work methods and performance expectations.
• Provide guidance, direction, etc., to ensure consistency and compliance with FRNP policies and procedures specifically within the authorities listed.
• Provide day-to-day support, as requested/needed, to the operations of FRNP.
• Perform work in accordance with FRNP procedures, regulations, and contract requirements.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned by management.
The Performance Assurance Specialist Lead, PAAA, WSH, and Security Enforcement Coordinator, External Reporting SME, and Standards and Requirements Lead administers segments of the Contractor Performance Assurance Program at FRNP in accordance with 10 CFR 708, 820,830,835,850, and 851;
DOE 0 151.1D, DOE O 226.1B, DOE O 232.2A, DOE 0 414.1D, DOE O 422.1 Chg 2, and DEAR 970.5204-2.
Additional responsibilities include: planning and preparation of department documents and procedures; assisting all levels of project personnel in performance assurance related matters; position related technical and administrative functions (e.g., planning organizing, interpreting, coordinating, and executing
division and project assignments); resolving problems in a timely manner, and promoting a safe and respectful work environment.
• This position is delegated authority to lead processes and systems of the FRNP Contractor Performance Assurance Program. This includes control of content for CP3-QA-3003, CP5-QA-3003, CP3-QA-3004, CP3-QA-3005, and associated forms, training modules, and instruction.
Within this assignment are the following program activities: Issues Management system, fact finding and incident/event investigations, interface with FRNP Senior Management, DOE, and other external entities as necessary and enforcement coordination.
• Authority to interface with FRNP Prime Contracts Manager on requests for impact assessments related to List A and List B changes.
• Authority to raise Quality and Contractor Performance Assurance issues to FRNP Management at any time and for any reason.
• Authority to design and develop training to meet defined needs for knowledge and skill.
• Exercise "stop work activity" authority as appropriate. Direct any employee at Paducah site to take appropriate actions to ensure safe operations, or to achieve compliance with FRNP requirements.
• Use FRNP programs and policies to address concerns and employment issues.
• Accountable to Contractor Performance Assurance Program Manager for the effective discharge of duties as defined in relevant FRNP policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Accountable to HSSQ Director and FRNP Management for the accuracy and availability of Contractor Performance Assurance Program process data.
• Meet expectations for quality and quantity of work, and provide ideas for improvement opportunities.
• Accountable for execution of applicable FRNP policies and procedures.
Training and Qualification Requirements:
• All Plant Basic and Site Access Requirements, as assigned.
• Required Reading, as assigned.
• Job-specific training includes: NQA-1 assessor, root cause analysis, human performance improvement and evaluation, interviewing techniques, incident investigation, issues management.
• SME and Instructor Qualification.
• Radiological training.
• BA/BS degree, MS preferred, in a related field and 20 years of related experience. Experience without BA/BS degree is 25 years.
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills
• Strong PC skills including Microsoft applications
• Detail oriented
1. The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
2. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to
modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.