• Overall responsibility for the development of regulatory strategy and programmatic oversight/coordination for implementation of the Paducah Federal Facility Agreement (FFA):
o Serves as the point-of-contact for providing interpretation of the terms and conditions of the FFA.
o Ensures overall programmatic compliance with the Paducah FFA, including responsibility for FFA budget reporting.
o Conducts FFA strategic planning, including annual revisions of the Site Management Plan (SMP) and input into the Lifecycle Baseline and End State Vision Document.
o Coordinates and facilitates resolution of programmatic and policy level cleanup issues affecting all environmental restoration projects (removal and remedial actions).
o Reviews and concurs on all related CERCLA documents to ensure consistency with the overall site cleanup strategy and compliance with the FFA.
o Routinely interfaces and establishes conferences with DOE, EPA, State of Kentucky, and project personnel on all aspects of the FFA, SMP, and CERCLA projects.
o Supports DOE during negotiation of the enforceable milestones, FFA modifications, and dispute resolution.
o Responsible for the coordination and facilitation of the monthly FFA Manager’s Meeting.
o Attends project planning meetings for those projects developing CERCLA documents.
o Oversees the development and submittal of the FFA Semiannual Progress Reports.
o Provides oversight and direction for the management of the day-to-day activities associated with the Administrative Record.
o Conducts periodic surveillances and assessments in support of the FFA, including the Administrative Record and the Land Use Control Implementation Plans.
o Maintains a close working relationship with the Paducah/Portsmouth DOE Office, Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
o Maintains close working relationship with other Directorate Management and/or operational management in ensuring FFA activities are being properly executed and needs of the company are met.
• Develops, implements, and monitors corrective measures to minimize or eliminate non-compliance.
• May assist with the direction of subcontractors.
• May lead certain aspects of small to medium sized projects.
• Complies with security and emergency action procedures
• Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned.
• Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner.
• BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 10-20 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Strong working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations and DOE Orders and requirements with an emphasis on CERCLA removal and remedial action implementation.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to assist in business development or proposal efforts.
• Must possess a DOE "L" or "Q" clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE Clearance.
• Works in an office environment at an environmental restoration site (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
• May require ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment to enter various types of potentially hazardous areas (such as but not limited to chemical, dust fumes, mists, heat stress factors, etc.); in some cases radiological training may be required.
• May be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
• The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.